If you’re on the search for a residence on South Padre Island during the pandemic, then a few questions may have certainly come up. These can include, if it’s safe, how to go about getting started, and if movers should be hired. First, we suggest creating a safety plan!
Although everyone handles moving differently, if you plan to hire movers, you’ll need to practice social distancing correctly. Prepare with these three moving tips from our realtors on South Padre Island for a hassle-free transition into your new home or condo on South Padre Island!
Communicate with Your Movers
If you’re considering hiring movers, then we suggest finding a company that exercises extreme precautions to make your move as safe as possible. When speaking to a moving company, make sure to ask:
- What their hours of business are during the pandemic.
- If they’re offering virtual payment methods instead of paying in person.
- If you’ll need to be present during the moving process.
- Which safety precautions they’ll be exercising to keep you and your family safe.
Pack and Social Distance Correctly
Packing may be a tiring and burdening step for some homeowners, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s the precautions you take in advance that make all the difference. Consider packing at least a week before your move, leaving your essentials out until the last day. We also suggest:
- Buying new containers instead of searching for used ones.
- Having everyone wear masks, gloves, and engaging in social distancing.
- Cleaning major touch zones like door handles, containers, steering wheels, and counters.
Limit the Number of Movers in Your Home
During and after your move, it’s best to keep the number of people, like movers, that enter your home as low as possible. If you choose to relocate your belongings yourself, then practice social distancing with your family members.
Get Your Search Started Today!
Are you looking for a new home in South Padre Island? Our realtors want to help you find a home or condo that’s best for your family. Contact us today to learn more about our residences.